Team Stormwinds
Team Stormwinds
Team Stormwinds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May the winds blow in your favor!  
HomePortalLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome the new division: the Stargazers!
Please recruit as much as possible!
Be sure to make your card for the Christmas card contest!
Merry Christmas!

Activating effects after veiler

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
(SW) Detox
Head Admin
Head Admin
(SW) Detox

Warning : Activating effects after veiler Rlmedi Posts : 181

Activating effects after veiler Empty
PostSubject: Activating effects after veiler   Activating effects after veiler Clock10Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:35 am

Ok, so I have been getting mixed responses to this ruling. My opponent summoned Brotherhood of the fist: Tiger king. I effect veilered his sunmmoning effect of setting a spell or trap card from the deck. He then proceded to detach for his secondary effect, when I pointed out that he no longer had an effect, because of veiler, he had a hissy fit and called an admin whom ruled with him. Now recently at the last regionals I attended, I had a similar scenario with another card, and the Judge ruled in my favor, stating that after veiler is chained to the summoning effect, the chain is resolved, as in seeing that you cannot activate effects in the same chain as the summon, kind of like a monarch can get veilered even though its when he is summoned.
Personally I think the effect can't even be activated after its "negated" because it no longer exists...just wanted another opinion on if the admin is wrong on this, because it is a OCG card atm, i could find no rulings that i could understand lol.
Back to top Go down
(SW) AmeYuki
(SW) AmeYuki

Warning : Activating effects after veiler Rlmedi Posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Activating effects after veiler   Activating effects after veiler Clock10Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:44 am

Your opp can use the effect that is activated from the grave, because the veiler negate only on the field effect.
If your opp use eff detach 1 material then can't use this ef
Back to top Go down
(SW) Gale
Head Admin
Head Admin
(SW) Gale

Warning : Activating effects after veiler Rlmedi Posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: Activating effects after veiler   Activating effects after veiler Clock10Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:27 pm

Also, I do not think veiler negates costs so xyzs can use their materialz Razz
Back to top Go down
(SW) Detox
Head Admin
Head Admin
(SW) Detox

Warning : Activating effects after veiler Rlmedi Posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: Activating effects after veiler   Activating effects after veiler Clock10Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:17 pm

I get that if i was negating that eff the cost would go through, but when i negated the summoning eff, he than decided to activate the secondary eff, which i can sort of understand the detaching, but wouldnt that have to start another chain just to activate it? Just overly confused how I got 2 diff responses from 2 different judges lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Activating effects after veiler   Activating effects after veiler Clock10

Back to top Go down

Activating effects after veiler
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Stormwinds :: Library :: Rulings-
Jump to: